Yarim sentence example
- The route lay by Jibla, passing the foot of the lofty Jebel Sorak, where, in spite of illness, Forskal, the botanist of the party, was able to make a last excursion; a few days later he died at Yarim.
- Sabur, a conspicuous mass in the extreme south, is 9900 ft., with a fall to the Taiz valley of 5000 ft.; farther north several points in the mountains above Ibb and Yarim attain a height of 10,500 ft., and J.
- The town of Yarim lies near its southern extremity at an altitude of about 8000 ft.; within a short distance are the sources of the W.
- century, brought to Europe the first account of the existence of ancient inscriptions (not seen by himself) in the neighbourhood of Yarim.
- Following this hint, Seetzen, in 1810, was able to send to Europe, from porphyry blocks near Yarim, the first copies of Sabaean inscriptions.Advertisement
- The plateau has a gradual fall from the watershed near Yarim, 8500 ft.
- from the capital Sana; Dhamar (a town of 4000 inhabitants, the residence of a kaimakam, and the seat of an ancient university) and Yarim are on the road leading S.