Yaqut sentence example
- According to the Arabian geographer, Yaqut, Persian scorpions were thrown into the place when it was besieged by Anushirwan; hence their numbex to-day.
- During their dominion Merv, like Samarkand and Bokhara, was one of the great schools of learning, and the celebrated historian Yaqut studied in its libraries.
- Such books were written by Bakri and Yaqut (q.v.)' Grammar and aexicography.
- In the, 3th century, according to Yaqut, one of its quarters was exclusively inhabited by Armenians.
- A curious notice of this building is found in the Arabian geographer Yaqut.Advertisement
- For other names and honorific epithets of the city see Bakri, ut supra, Azraqi, p. 197, Yaqut iv.