Yannina sentence example
- (Yannina), and 24th Div.
- The victory was completely decisive, and all that remained for the allies to do in the western theatre was to carry out the march to the sea, to occupy and police the region of Okhrida-Dibra-Elbasan, to reduce the two fortresses of Scutari and Yannina (the last refuges of Turkish authority), to ensure against Austrian intervention (for which purpose the main body of the I.
- Greece, however, did not sign, and continued her operations, though these were in the nature of exploitation rather than of fresh effort, except in Epirus, where operations against Yannina were in progress.
- Sapundzakis then advanced to the outskirts of the fortress of Yannina (Nov.
- attempted without success to round up the few Turkish forces, rallied by Djavid, which had escaped from the catastrophes of Monastir and Yannina.Advertisement
- Practically, the story of the second phase is the final instalment of that of the sieges of Yannina, Scutari and Adrianople.
- The fall of Yannina has already been mentioned.
- The Greeks, who had concentrated the bulk of their forces in roadless Epirus for the siege of Yannina, lost no time in getting them down to the coast and shipping them to Salonika.