Yangi sentence example
- It consists of two towns, Kuhna Shahr or " old city," and Yangi Shahr or " new city," about five miles apart, and separated from one another by the Kyzyl Su, a tributary of the Tarim river.
- The Yangi Shahr of Kashgar is, as its name implies, modern, having been built in 1838.
- In the time of the Chinese, before Yakub Beg's sway, Yangi Shahr held a garrison of six thousand men, and was the residence of the amban or governor.
- The population of Kashgar has been recently estimated at 60,000 in the Kuhna Shahr and only 2000 in the Yangi Shahr.
- Buzurg Khan delivered himself up to indolence and debauchery, but Yakub Beg, with singular energy and perseverance, made himself master of Yangi Shahr, Yangi-Hissar, Yarkand and other towns, and eventually became sole master of the country, Buzurg Khan proving himself totally unfitted for the post of ruler.Advertisement