Yalqut sentence example
- Very important for the study of Midrashic literature are the Yalgut (gleaning) Shim`oni, on the whole Bible, the Yalqut Mekhiri, on the Prophets, Psalms, Proverbs and Job, and the Midrash ha-gadhol, 2 all of which are of uncertain but late date and preserve earlier material.
- Wayyisa`u, Yalqut Shimeoni, also the apocryphal " book of Jashar "), and is evidently connected with the cryptic allusion to the capture of Shechem in Gen.
- Of collections of Midrash the chief are (a) the Yalqut Shimeoni, which arranges the material according to the text of the Old Testament (extending over the whole of it), preserves much from sources that have since disappeared, and is valuable for the criticism of the text of the Midrashim (recent ed.
- Wilna, 1898) translation of the Yalqut on Zechariah by E.
- R., loc. cit.; Yalqut Shim'oni on Is.Advertisement