Yakov sentence example
- His confessor, Yakov Ignatiev, whom he promised to obey as "an angel and apostle of God," was his chief counsellor in these days.
- He was taught the use of the astrolabe (which Prince Yakov Dolgoruki, with intent to please, had brought him from Paris) by a Dutchman, Franz Timmerman, who also instructed him in the rudiments of geometry and fortifications.
- If there is anything... come back, Yakov Alpatych!
- You're welcome, Yakov Alpatych.
- Just what I think, Yakov Alpatych.Advertisement
- Yakov Alpatych heard without heeding.
- Yakov Alpatych, discharge me!
- Quite beside themselves, Yakov Alpatych; they've fetched another barrel.
- He looked askance at Princess Mary and said: "There are no horses; I told Yakov Alpatych so."
- It's all a trick," said Dunyasha, "and when Yakov Alpatych returns let us get away... and please don't..."Advertisement
- "All our stupidity, Yakov Alpatych," came the answers, and the crowd began at once to disperse through the village.