Yahwistic sentence example
- That larger conceptions prevailed in some of the loftier minds of Israel, and may be held to have existed even as far back as the age of Moses, is a fact which the Yahwistic cosmogony in Gen.
- C. In the Yahwistic History (Exod.
- The Yahwistic writer (J), on the other hand, prefers to call the mountain Sinai, and so do the priestly writers (P).
- Samuel, 1890, and elsewhere) to recover here the Yahwistic (or Judaean) and Elohistic (or Ephraimite) sources of the Hexateuch, see the criticisms of B.
- intermediaryof Yahwistic involvement in history does not disprove his use of divine intermediaries.Advertisement
- The atmospheric and celestial character which belonged from the first to the Hebrew conception of Yahweh explains to us the ease with which the idea of His universal sovereignty arose, which the Yahwistic creation account (belonging to the earlier stratum of J, Gen.