Xxxiii sentence example
- The influence of the Deuteronomic tradition in redaction is seen in such passages as Genesis xxxiii.
- As the crusaders advanced to Jerusalem, says Raymund of Agiles (c. xxxiii.), it was their rule that the first-corner had the right to each castle or town, provided that he hoisted his standard and planted a garrison there.
- (which is really part of ix.), xxxiii.
- 6-9, which clearly forms the sequel to xxxiii.
- The latter passage, however, can hardly represent the conclusion of the interview, which is found more naturally in xxxiii.Advertisement
- 21), where he buys land and erects an altar (xxxiii.
- The story of his penitence referred to in xxxiii.
- (xxxiii.) 1 0, &c., where the translator should have given 7rXarELWv.
- 9), and in their present shape were hardly pronounced in public - a fact that seems to be hinted at in the statement that he was " dumb " till the fall of Jerusalem (iii.26, xxxiii.
- 22); in private interviews the people did not take him seriously (xxxiii.Advertisement
- Feilitzen, Upsala and Paris, 1895); Chanqun de Willame (Chiswick Press, 1903), described by P. Meyer in Romania (xxxiii.
- In the Indices to xxxiii.
- 17), and he is emboldened to pray that he may see the glory of Yahweh; Yahweh replies that his prayer can only be granted in part, for "man shall not see me and live"; a partial revelation is then vouchsafed to Moses (xxxiii.