Xxxi sentence example
- (sometimes quoted as xxxi.), chaps.
- From this brief re-establishment of Persian dominion (counted by Manetho as Dynasty XXXI.) no document survives except one papyrus that appears to be dated in,the reign of Darius III.
- 11-31), one is a full picture of a good housewife's home life (xxxi.
- 20 the mother is spoken of, along with the father, as teacher of the children, and it is assumed, therefore, that she is competent; but nothing is said of the education of women - in xxxi.
- This history (Rerum Gestarum Libri XXXI.) was originally in thirty-one books; of these the first thirteen are lost, the eighteen which remain cover the period from 353 to 378.Advertisement
- See Ammianus Marcellinus xxxi.
- 754 ff.) that they were never formally admitted to membership, but that they maintained their supremacy in the council (Livy xxxi.
- 24, where Moses is the speaker; xxxi.
- Later hands have by no means eliminated or modified them altogether, and in xxxi.
- The first biblical mention of "Mount Gilead" occurs in connexion with the reconcilement of Jacob and Laban (Genesis xxxi.).Advertisement
- The German experts seem to favour the latter form; the specification issued by the Physikalisch-Technische Reichsanstalt of Berlin may be found in the Electrician, xxxi.
- Kurz, "Beurteilung der Aussichten auf eine Wiederbelebung der Kultur der Euphratand Tigrisniederung," in Deutsche geographische Blotter, xxxi.
- 2; the mother of King Lemuel in xxxi.
- 40,000 men, with the statements in the prose of Numbers as to 600,000 men and more, we at once realise how much closer to actual facts we are brought by early poetry than by the later prose of writers like P. Perhaps it is in chap. xxxi.