Xxiind sentence example
- The careful statement of the ages of the animals in the later instances, with the regnal dates for their birth, enthronization and death have thrown much light on the chronology from the XXIInd dynasty onwards.
- In Egypt the Phoenician merchants soon gained a foothold; they alone were able to maintain a profitable trade in the anarchic times of the XXIInd and XXIIIrd Dynasties (825-650 B.C.), when all other foreign merchants were frightened away.
- (XXIInd Dynasty) at Karnak are the only great achievements.
- In the XXIst dynasty the secondary line of priest kings of Thebes upheld his dignity to the best of their power, and the XXIInd dynasty favoured Thebes: but as the sovereignty weakened the division between Upper and Lower Egypt asserted itself, and thereafter Thebes would have rapidly decayed had it not been for the piety of the kings of Ethiopia towards Ammon, whose worship had long prevailed in their country.
- The virtual will of a high priest of Ammon under the XXIInd Dynasty is put in the form of a decree of the god himself.Advertisement
- The XXVIth Dynasty is often looked on as a renaissance; but when we compare similar work we see that it was poorer than the XXIInd, as that was poorer than the XIXth.
- Small copper hoes (Is) with a hollow socket are probably of about the XXIInd Dynasty.
- The boomerang or throw-stick (78) was used from the 1st to the XXIInd Dynasty, and probably later.
- The XXIInd Dynasty returned to monumental work.
- (3) Synchronisms in the histories of other countries furnish reliable datesGreek, Persian, Babylonian and Biblical dates for the XXVIth Dynasty, Assyrian for the XXVth; less precise are the Biblical date of Rehoboam, contemporary with the invasion of Shishak (Sheshonk) in the XXIInd Dynasty, and the date of the Babylonian.Advertisement
- The Tanite dynasty may have risen from a Libyan stock, though there is nothing to prove it; the XXIInd Dynasty are clearly from their names of foreign extraction, and their genealogy indicates distinctly a Libyan military origin in a family of rulers of Heracleopolis Magna, in Middle Egypt.
- The XXIInd Dynasty lasted through many generations; but there were rival kings, and M.
- Legrain thinks that he has proof that the XXIIIrd Dynasty was contemporaneous with the end of the XXIInd.
- lost their hold over Canaan; the XXIst Dynasty no longer intervened in the affairs of Syria; but Sheshonk (Shishak), the founder of the XXIInd Dynasty, about 928 B.C. endeavoured to assert the ancient supremacy of Egypt (cf.