Xxiiird sentence example
- In Egypt the Phoenician merchants soon gained a foothold; they alone were able to maintain a profitable trade in the anarchic times of the XXIInd and XXIIIrd Dynasties (825-650 B.C.), when all other foreign merchants were frightened away.
- The Thebais was much under the influence of the Ethiopian kingdom, and was separated politically in the troubled times of the XXIIIrd Dynasty, though the old division into Upper and Lower Egypt was resumed in the XXVIth Dynasty.
- In the XXIIIrd Dynasty beads of a rich transparent Prussian blue glass were made, until the XXVIth.
- Legrain thinks that he has proof that the XXIIIrd Dynasty was contemporaneous with the end of the XXIInd.
- The kings of the XXIIIrd Dynasty had little hold upon the subject princes, who spent the resources of the country in feuds amongst themselves.Advertisement