Xvith sentence example
- of the Church; Gairdner's Church in the XVIth Century; Pollard's Henry VIII.
- The XVIth dynasty is of thirty-two "Hellenic (sic?) shepherd kings," the seventeenth is of "shepherds and Theban kings" (reigning simultaneously).
- The body of the temple is of Ptolemy XIII., and was carved as late as the XVIth (Caesarion), and the great portico was in building from Augustus to Nero.
- Manetho gives us the XIIIth (Diospolite) Dynasty, the XIVth (Xoite from Xois in Lower Egypt), the XVth and XVIth (Hyksos) and the XVIIth (Diospolite), but his names are lost except for the Hyksos kings.
- Petrie, History of Egypt from the Earliest Times to the XVIth Dynasty, p. 51, &c.; L.Advertisement