Xoyos sentence example
- Sensation, it says, is unreasoning (&Xoyos); it must be accepted, and not criticized.
- And a compound can have a Xoyos or account given of it by the (literally) adequate enumeration of the names of its simple elements or 7rp&ra.'
- This analytical, Xoyos he offers as his substitute for knowledge.
- It is a speech-andthought-form (Xoyos) in which certain matters being posited something other than the matters posited necessarily results because of them, and, though it still needs to receive a deeper meaning when presumed truth gives way to necessary truth of premises, the notion of the class to that of the class-concept, collective fact to universal law, its formal claim is manifest.
- This distinction between Logos as ratio and Logos as oratio, so much used subsequently by Philo and the Christian fathers, had been so far anticipated by Aristotle's distinction between the g w Xo'yos and the Xoyos iv rff Ox?j.Advertisement
- 10, 24) taught that the Logos was in eternity with God as the MIT ' s EvSc6Beros, the counsellor of God, and that when the world was to be created God sent forth this counsellor (vi,µ(ovXos) from Himself as the Xoyos 7'p041opu06s, yet so that the begotten Logos did not cease to be a part of Himself.
- 2.7rEpL `Epp7 7 vELas: De interpretatione: On language as expression of mind, and especially on the enunciation or assertion (Liirocbavacs h7roc/avTucos Xoyos) [rejected by Andronicus according to Alexander; but probably an early work of Aristotle, based on Plato's analysis of the sentence into noun and verb].
- Xo-yo®ETris, from Xoyos, word, account, calculation, and TiOEvac, to set, i.e.