Xos sentence example
- At the Seleucid court in 222 the admiral (vavap xos) appears as a person of high consideration (Polyb.
- iiyy€Xos, messenger.
- 7rEpi prITOpLKa?S ij Fpt »Xos: On rhetoric.
- cases of circles touching one another and inscribed in the figure made of three semicircles and known as ipl Xos (shoemaker's knife) form the first division of the book.
- Closer intimacy with the Greek world naturally brought about modifications in the character of the native gods, which became apparent when Ba'al of Sidon or Baal-shamem was identified with Zeus, Tanith with Demeter or Artemis, 'Anath with Athena, &c.; the notion of a supreme Ba'al, which finds expression in the Greek 1 3 Xos and (aaXris or 131 7 XOns (the goddess of Byblus), was no doubt encouraged by foreign influences.Advertisement
- As the patron of these cities (1roXtoi Xos) she held a place corresponding to that of Athena in Athens.
- g Xos, since the change of *velos- to *volus- is phonetically regular in Latin.
- This book, which may be as old as the ist century, is entitled: " A holy and secret Book of Moses, called eighth, or holy " (Mcovc4ws cEpa 1 36f Xos a7r6Kpvq os 17 rtKaXov,uivl7 iy Soq i] b.yia).