Xith sentence example
- The comparative lateness of this period makes it difficult to account for the wall painting at Beni Hasan, which accurately represents the process of glass-blowing, and which is attributed to the period of the XIth dynasty.
- After the end of the Old Kingdom Thebes grew from an obscure provincial town to be the seat of a strong line of princes who contended for supremacy with Heracleopolis and eventually triumphed in the XIth Dynasty of Manetho.
- The XIth dynasty sprang from a family in the Hermonthite nome or perhaps at Thebes itself, and adorned the temple of Karnak with statues.
- The end of the last age was in the very degraded tomb work of the early XIth Dynasty.
- In the middle of the XIth Dynasty an entirely fresh treatment appears; the Old Kingdom work had died out in very bad sunk-reliefs, the fresh style (Plate III.Advertisement
- The spear is not commonly found in Egypt, until the Greek age, but it is represented from the XIth Dynasty onward; it belonged to the Semitic people (L.D.
- Of the XIth Dynasty is the EARLY PREHISTORIC 7000-8000 B.C. V
- The great temple of Karnak had existed since the XIth Dynasty or earlier, but the existing structure was begun under Tethmosis (Tahutmes) I., and two of the great pylons and one obelisk of his remain in place.
- The succession and number of the kings are also ascertained for other dynasties, together with many regnal dates, but very serious gaps exist in the records of the Egyptian monuments, the wo,rst being between the XIIth and the XVIIIth Dynasties, between the XIth and the VIth, and at Dynasties 1.-Ill.
- Later the princes of Thebes asserted their independence and founded the XIth Dynasty, which pushed its frontiers northwards until finally it occupied the whole country.Advertisement
- The XIIth Dynasty is the central point of the Middile Kingdom, to which the decline of the Memphite and the rise of the Heracleopolite dynasty mark the transition, while the growth of Thebes under the XIth Dynasty is its true starting-point.
- Several of the Theban kings named Antef (Enyotf) must be placed here rather than in the XIth Dynasty.
- Anher appears in the XIth dynasty; and Khentamenti, the god of the western Hades, rises to importance in the middle kingdom and then vanishes in the XVIIIth.
- In the XIth dynasty Menthotp (Mentuhotep) III.
- (1909); P. Vinogradoff, Growth of the Manor (1905); P. Vinogradoff, English Society the XIth Century (1908); A.Advertisement
- 23, 1876), immediately after the promulgation of the constitution of 1876, interpreting the xith article of the constitution, by which the free exercise of all cults was guaranteed in Spain.
- Griffith, The Tomb of Paheri at El Kab, in the XIth Memoir of the Egypt Exploration Fund.