Xaver sentence example
- In 1765 the regent Prince Xaver imported 300 merino sheep from Spain, and so improved the native breed by this new strain that Saxon sheep were eagerly imported by foreign nations to improve their flocks, and " Saxon electoral wool " became one of the best brands in the market.
- Prince Xaver, the elector's uncle, was appointed guardian, and he set himself to the work of healing the wounds of the country.
- The indications given by the late Franz Xaver Kraus - himself a Catholic - may well serve for a guide (Spectator, ep. 2).
- In music Berlin is not able to vie with Leipzig, Dresden or Munich, yet it is well represented by the Conservatorium, with which the name of Joachim is connected, while the more modern school is represented by Xaver Scharwenka.
- He was a nephew of Franz Xaver Pettenkofer (1783-1850), who from 1823 was surgeon and apothecary to the Bavarian court and was the author of some chemical investigations on the vegetable alkaloids.Advertisement
- Two children, Karl Thomas and Franz Xaver, were born from the marriage, though four other siblings were birthed but did not survive.