Whitwell sentence example
- Among other towns may be mentioned Ashover (2426), Barlborough (2056), Chapel-en-le-Frith (4626), Clowne (3896), Crich (3063), Killamarsh (3644), Staveley (11,420), Whitwell (3380).
- In the original Whitwell stove, which lacks the chimneys shown at the top of fig.
- Sir Walter Scott, Croker, Hayward, Macaulay, Thomas Carlyle (whose famous Fraser article was reprinted in 1853) and Whitwell Elwin have done as much as anybody perhaps to sustain the zest for Johnsonian studies.
- All Mercia south of a line from Dore (near Sheffield), through Whitwell to the Humber, was now in Edmund's hands, and the five Danish boroughs, which had for some time been exposed to raids from the Norwegian kings of Northumbria, were now freed from that fear.
- Professor Whitwell said that the severe occlusive atheroma noted in the coronary arteries would be the underlying cause of the infarction.Advertisement
- The other week I did a forty miler, including all the sections around Whitwell that we use on the March Hare.
- Raven one was seen in the Whitwell area on the 16th.