Whitwell sentence example
- Among other towns may be mentioned Ashover (2426), Barlborough (2056), Chapel-en-le-Frith (4626), Clowne (3896), Crich (3063), Killamarsh (3644), Staveley (11,420), Whitwell (3380).
- Lockhart, Rev. Whitwell Elwin, W.
- In their place the regenerative stoves of the Whitwell and Cowper types (figs.
- The Whitwell stove (fig.
- In the original Whitwell stove, which lacks the chimneys shown at the top of fig.Advertisement
- II) differs from the Whitwell (I) in having not a series of flat smooth walls, but a great number of narrow vertical flues, E, for the alternate absorption and emission of the heat, with the consequence that, for given outside dimensions, it offers about one-half more heating surface than the true Whitwell stove; and (2) in that the gas and the blast pass only once up and once down through it, instead of twice up and twice down as in the modern true Whitwell stoves.
- - Whitwell Hot-Blast Stove, as modified by H.
- Sir Walter Scott, Croker, Hayward, Macaulay, Thomas Carlyle (whose famous Fraser article was reprinted in 1853) and Whitwell Elwin have done as much as anybody perhaps to sustain the zest for Johnsonian studies.
- All Mercia south of a line from Dore (near Sheffield), through Whitwell to the Humber, was now in Edmund's hands, and the five Danish boroughs, which had for some time been exposed to raids from the Norwegian kings of Northumbria, were now freed from that fear.
- Essays by Leslie Stephen, Stopford Brooke, Whitwell Elwin, George Eliot and Walter Bagehot deserve attention.Advertisement
- Professor Whitwell said that the severe occlusive atheroma noted in the coronary arteries would be the underlying cause of the infarction.
- The other week I did a forty miler, including all the sections around Whitwell that we use on the March Hare.
- raven one was seen in the Whitwell area on the 16th.
- Raven one was seen in the Whitwell area on the 16th.