Whalley sentence example
- On East Rock is a monument to the Connecticut soldiers who fell in the War of Independence, the War of 1812, the Mexican War and the Civil War; on the West Rock is a cave, "Judges' Cave," in which the regicides William Goffe and Edward Whalley are said to have concealed themselves when sought for by royal officers in 1661.
- After the battle of Naseby he took the situation of chaplain to Colonel Whalley's regiment, and continued to hold it till February 1647.
- The regicides Whalley and Goffe were concealed in Milford from 1661 to 1664.
- His aliases were Farmer, Marchant,Whalley,Darcey Meaze,Phillips,Humphreys, Roberts, Fulgeham, Allen.
- Dr Stiles published several sermons, notably, a Discourse on the Christian Union (1761), which has remarkable ecclesiastical breadth of view; an Account of the Settlement of Bristol, Rhode Island (1785); and a History of Three of the Judges of King Charles I.: MajorGeneral Whalley, Major-General Goffe and Colonel Dixwell (1794) He began in 1768 but never finished an Ecclesiastical History of New England and British America.Advertisement
- Writing his weekly " Whalley Beat " column for the Clitheroe Advertiser and Times had encouraged him to fulfill his long-held ambition.
- John Paslew, last abbot of Whalley, was also responsible for the commissioning of a separate mansion, east of the great cloister.