Westray sentence example
- The Lower Old Red Sandstone is represented by well-bedded flagstones over most of the islands; in the south of Pomona these are faulted against an overlying series of massive red sandstones, but a gradual passage from the flagstones to the sandstones may be followed from Westray S.E.
- Many indications of ice action are found in these islands; striated surfaces are to be seen on the cliffs in Eday and Westray, in Kirkwall Bay and on Stennie Hill in Eday; boulder clay, with marine shells, and with many boulders of rocks foreign to the islands (chalk, oolitic limestone, flint, &c.), which must have been brought up from the region of Moray Firth, rests upon the old strata in many places.
- Westray (1956), one of the seats of the cod fishery, has a.
- Papa Westray (295) and North Ronaldshay (442) are the most northerly islands of the group. The latter is only reached from Sanday, from which it is separated by a dangerous firth 2 m.
- Official opening for Westray marina Westray ' s new marina was officially opened on Tuesday afternoon by former Westray yachting club commodore Norman Cooper.Advertisement
- beluga whale in Orkney On Friday 15th July, a beluga or white whale was spotted from a plane east of Westray in Orkney.
- Beluga whale in Orkney On Friday 15th July, a beluga or white whale was spotted from a plane east of Westray in Orkney.