West ham sentence example
- The place was purchased for £25,000, and vested in the corporation of London for the use of the public. Of this amount the Gurney family contributed £io,000 and the corporation the same sum, the remaining £5000 being collected from the inhabitants of West Ham.
- In 1762 the number of houses in West Ham parish was stated to be 700, of which "455 are mansions and 245 cottages."
- At the time of the Conquest West Ham belonged to Alestan and Leured, two freemen, and at Domesday to Ralph Gernon and Ralph Peverel.
- The manor of West Ham was settled upon Stratford-Langthorne Abbey, founded by William de Montfichet in 1135 for monks of the Cistercian order.
- The Lea separates the county of London from Essex, but the townships of West Ham and Stratford, Barking and Ilford, Leyton and Walthamstow continue the metropolis in this direction almost without a break.Advertisement
- Very shortly after (about 1134) the abbey of Stratford Langthorne in Essex was founded by William de Montfichet, who endowed it with all his lordship in West Ham.
- In 1900 he contested West Ham unsuccessfully in the Labour interest, but in 1906 was elected to Parliament and came to the front as an active and energetic member of his party.
- From 1890 he was a member of the West Ham town council, being elected mayor in 1917.
- Worse than that was when I even sat and watched west ham on the box with him and believe me that IS hard work!
- Charlton get their season underway with an away jaunt to West Ham United.Advertisement
- Plucky minnows Wrexham, who knock out Premiership West Ham United with a heartbreaking goal in the final minute...?
- It incorporated the former waterworks at Shadwell and West Ham.
- The saggy old cloth cat Bagpuss faced West Ham manager was up out of his seat for the umpteenth time.
- Viewers have tried to find the actual location of Walford and, along with a map once aired on the show, have determined the Walford East locale is between Bow Road and West Ham.