Werden sentence example
- Hofand Staatsbibliothek Munchen and einer Anzahl anderer Bibliotheken Bayern gehalten werden (Munchen, 1909); Kiirschner, Jahrbuch der Presse (1902) Sperlings Zeitschriften Adressbuch (Stuttgart, 1910); Bibliographisches Repertorium, Berlin: Walzel-Houben, Zeitschriften der Romantik (1904); Houben, Zeitschriften des jungen Deutschlands (1906); Luck, Die deutsche Fachpresse (Tubingen, 1908).
- His object was twofold: first, to obtain the control of the great German rivers the Elbe and the Weser, as a means of securing his dominion of the northern seas; and secondly, to acquire the secularized German bishoprics of Bremen and Werden as appanages for his younger sons.
- He skilfully took advantage of the alarm of the German Protestants after the battle of White Hill in 1620, to secure the coadjutorship to the see of Bremen for his son Frederick (September 1621), a step followed in November by a similar arrangement as to Werden; while Hamburg by the compact of Steinburg (July 1621) was induced to acknowledge the Danish overlordship of Holstein.
- Prussia having declared for the cellular system constructed the well-known Moabit prison in Berlin, also those of Ratibor in Silesia and of Herford in Westphalia, while those of Graudenz, Breslau, Werden and Cologne have been added since.
- Ueber eine Entdeckung, nach der alle neue Kritik der reinen Vernunft durch eine dltere entbehrlich gemacht werden soll, " On a Discovery by which all the recent Critique of Pure Reason is superseded by a more ancient" (i.e by Leibnitz's philosophy).Advertisement
- Werden grew up around the Benedictine abbey, which was dissolved in 1802.
- See Fliigge, Chronik der Stadt Werden (Dusseldorf, 1887); and Fiehrer durch Werden (Werden, 1887).
- In his Worlds in the Making (1908), an English translation of Das Werden der Welten (1907), he combated the generally accepted doctrine that the universe is tending to what Clausius termed Weirmetod through exhaustion of all sources of heat and motion, and suggested that by virtue of a mechanism which maintains its available energy it is self-renovating, energy being "degraded" in bodies which are in the solar state, but "elevated" or raised to a higher level in bodies which are in the nebular state.
- B, dessen Durchmesser = (X) ist, and der aus zwei Theilen besteht, kann nicht mehr als aus zwei Theilen bestehend erkannt werden.