Wepener sentence example
- by a range of low hills extending from the Caledon above Wepener to the Orange river, and south of the Orange by the Telle or Tees river to its source in the Drakensberg.
- Four days later he reduced a detachment at Reddersburg, and then went south and invested Colonel Dalgety and a mixed force at Wepener, which was relieved after ten days by General Hunter's Ladysmith division, brought round to Aliwal North from Natal.
- WEPENER, a town of the Orange Free State, 82 m.
- of Wepener.
- The Caledon, from its source in Mont aux Sources to Jammerberg Drift near Wepener, forms the boundary of the province, the southern bank being in Basutoland; below Wepener the land on both sides of the Caledon is in the province.Advertisement
- Ladybrand, 3862, Ficksburg, 1954, and Wepener, 1366, lie in the valley of the Caledon near the Basutoland frontier.
- Besides the lines enumerated there are various local lines, one branching at Sannah's Post station from the BloemfonteinBethlehem line running south-east to Wepener.
- Sheep are most abundant in the Rouxville, Wepener and Smithfield districts, goats in Philippolis.
- Wepener >>