Wennerberg sentence example
- The improvisator of Gluntarne, Gunnar Wennerberg (q.v.; 1817-1 9 01) survived as a romantic figure of the past.
- GUNNAR WENNERBERG (1817-1901), Swedish poet, musician and politician, was born at Lidkdping, of which place his father was parish priest, on the 2nd of October 1817.
- In 1843 he became a member of the musical club who called themselves "The Juvenals," and for their meetings were written the trios and duets, music and words, which Wennerberg began to publish in 1846.
- In the second volume of his collected works Wennerberg gave, long afterwards, a very interesting account of the inception and history of these celebrated duets.
- In 1865, at the particular wish of the king, Charles XV., Wennerberg entered official life in the department of elementary education.Advertisement
- Wennerberg was a most remarkable type of the lyrical, ardent Swedish aristocrat, full of the joy of life and the beauty of it.