Wemyss sentence example
- Earls of Wemyss >>
- of the town, was sent with Sir David Wemyss to bring the Maid of Norway to Scotland in 1290; Sir Walter Scott was therefore in error in adopting the tradition that identified him with the wizard of the same name, who died in 1234.
- The earl of Wemyss succeeded to the Neidpath property in 1810.
- The final results were obtained in 1880-81 across the Firth of Clyde from Kelly, his house at Wemyss Bay, and a hill above Inellan, and gave values rather higher than those obtained by M.
- He died at Wemyss Bay on the 14th of May 1883.Advertisement
- Wemyss Reid.
- On Gosford Bay is Gosford House, an 18th-century mansion, the seat of the earl of Wemyss.
- Amisfield, adjoining Haddington on the N.E., is another seat of the earl of Wemyss.
- Wemyss Bay's new gangway is coming along at a great pace, over the last 6 weeks it has been assembled.
- And to complete the transformation, in 1903 they built an utterly magnificent new station at Wemyss Bay and an adjoining new pier.Advertisement
- mining village to the north of the coastal town of West Wemyss.
- p ort Glasgow Junction Top This is an east facing junction where the Greenock and Wemyss Bay Railroad joins the line.
- The tower is closely based on the early 18th century tolbooth at West Wemyss.
- I let the Montrose go (she is heading across toward Wemyss Bay) and await the tardy arrival of Saint Columba.
- Wemyss are all good, and are useful for extended culture on grass or for cut flowers.Advertisement