Weltgeschichte sentence example
- When the weakness of his eyes made it necessary for him to depend almost entirely on the service of readers and secretaries, in his eighty-first year he began to write the Weltgeschichte (9 vols., Leipzig, 1883-88).
- A collected edition of Ranke's works in fifty-four volumes was issued at Leipzig (1868-90), but this does not contain the Weltgeschichte.
- He awoke much intelligent interest in universal history by his Weltgeschichte im Auszuge and Zusammenhange, 2 vols.
- In 18r 5 appeared the first volume of his World History (Weltgeschichte in zusammenhdngender Erzahlung).
- Finally, Schlosser undertook a popular World History for the German People (Weltgeschichte fiir das deutsche Volk, 1844-1857), which also enjoyed the favour of those for whom it was written.Advertisement
- There is an excellent succinct account for general readers by Georg von Below,"Das altere deutsche Stadtewesen and Biirgertum," Monographien zur Weltgeschichte, vol.