Welshpool sentence example
- Welshpool >>
- WELSHPOOL (or Welchpool, so called because Pool, its old name, led to confusion with Poole, in Dorsetshire; Welsh Trallwm), a market town and municipal and contributary parliamentary borough of Montgomeryshire, N.
- The flannel manufacture has been transferred to Newtown, but Welshpool has tweeds and woollen shawls, besides a fair trade in agricultural produce, malting and tanning.
- In the park is Llyn du (black pool), whence Welshpool is said to be named.
- of Welshpool (Cambrian railway).Advertisement
- But they were met by a large force under the three great ealdormen of Mercia, Wilts and Somerset, and forced to head off to the north-west, being finally overtaken and blockaded at Buttington, which some identify with Buttington Tump at the mouth of the Wye, others with Buttington near Welshpool.
- Whitchurch, Oswestry, Welshpool to Barmouth and Pwllheli, Aberystwyth, &c.
- WILLIAM BOYD DAWKINS (1838-), English geologist and archaeologist, was born at Buttington vicarage near Welshpool, Montgomeryshire, on the 26th of December 1838.
- epidemic of cholera struck Welshpool in 1848 causing many deaths.
- At 3- 30 pm the unveiling of a new milepost at Gallows Tree Bridge, Welshpool took place.Advertisement
- The delightful Severn Valley from MOAT LANE through NEWTOWN and WELSHPOOL to SHREWSBURY where semaphore signaling abounds.