Wellpreserved sentence example
- Traces of the original colour have also been preserved in some of the fossil forms; radiating bands of a reddish tint have been often seen in wellpreserved examples of Terebratula (Dielasma) hastata, T.
- In 1784 wellpreserved Roman baths were discovered here.
- from the site of the ancient town (Bosa or Calmedia), where a wellpreserved church still exists.
- The chief building is the Great Palace, the so-called "House of Minos," the excavation of which by Arthur Evans dates from 1900: a number of rooms lying round the central paved court, oriented north and south, have been identified, among them being the throne-room with some wellpreserved wall paintings and a small bathroom attached, in the north-west quarter a larger bathroom and a shrine, and residential chambers in the south and east.
- Of the metopes also a great number of fragments have been found, together with two almost complete metopes, the one containing the torso of a nude warrior in perfect preservation, as well as ten wellpreserved heads.Advertisement
- They are still wellpreserved and picturesque, with projecting bastions planted with trees.
- Forlimpopoli was again destroyed by Cardinal Albornoz in 1360, and rebuilt by Sinibaldo Ordelaffi, who constructed the wellpreserved medieval castle (1380), rectangular with four circular towers at the corners.
- thick, evidently relics from the Ice Age, covered by an upper layer of Post-Tertiary deposits containing numbers of perfectly wellpreserved mammoth remains, rhinoceros, Ovibos, and bones of the horse, reindeer, American stag, antelope, saiga and even the tiger.