Welle sentence example
- In 1859 a Venetian, Giovanni Miani, penetrated the southern regions of the Ghazal basin and was the first to bring back reports of a great river (the Welle) flowing west beyond the Nile watershed.
- Georg Schweinfurth between 1869 and 1871 traversed the whole of the southern district, and crossing the watershed discovered the Welle.
- WOCHUA (ACHUA), a pygmy people of Africa, living in the forests of the Mabode district, south of the Welle.
- Neighbours to the Azandeh are the Mangbettu and Ababwa, who are found chiefly in the country between the Welle and the Aruwimi.
- Two varieties of culture exist among the tribes inhabiting the state: that extending over the western and central area, and that of the Welle district and eastern fringe.Advertisement
- In the former the bow with vegetable string is the chief weapon, and clothing is woven from palm fibre; in the east spears are found, and in the Welle district swords and throwing-knives also; clothing made from skins also makes its appearance, and more attention is paid to the shades of departed ancestors.
- Jabir is the capital of the Welle district, and in the Lado Enclave on the upper Nile the principal places are Rejaf, Lado and Dufile.
- The districts are Banana, Boma, Matadi, Falls, Stanley Pool, Kwango Oriental, Ubangi, Lualaba-Kasai, Lake Leopold II., Equator, Aruwimi, Bangala and Welle.
- the Lomami river and the great lakes, and south of the Aruwimi and Welle districts forms the Province Orientale.
- In the north-east of the colony, in the upper basin of the Welle and the Mbomu, the Niam-Niam or Azandeh, a Negroid race of warriors and hunters with a social, political and military organization superior to that of the Bantu tribes of the Congo basin, have intruded from the north.Advertisement