Welldrained sentence example
- They are propagated by cuttings, or from the leaves, which are cut off and pricked in welldrained pots of sandy soil, or by the scales from the underground tubes, which are rubbed off and sown like seeds, or by the seeds, which are very small.
- The best soil for cotton is thus a deep, welldrained loam, able to afford a uniform supply of moisture during the growing period.
- The plant grows freely in good garden soil, preferring a deep welldrained loam, and is all the better for a top-dressing of manure as it approaches the flowering stage.
- Gooseberries, currants, roses and many hardy 'deciduous trees and shrubs are easily propagated in this way if the cuttings are inserted in welldrained soil about the end of October or early in November.
- Gritty welldrained soil.Advertisement
- It lives on dry, welldrained ground, and digs a deep burrow lined with silk to prevent the infall of loose particles of soil.
- Iberis Petraea - A pretty alpine species, 3 inches high, with a flat cluster of white flowers, relieved in the centre by a tinge of red, thriving among rock plants in welldrained spots with plenty of moisture.
- For treatment we can only say warm walls or sunny positions in open welldrained soils.