Wel sentence example
- The drilling " crew " consists of two drillers Wel l .
- The queen sadly needed such of Wel a counsellor, for Prince Albert's position was one full of difficulty, and party malignity was continually putting wrong constructions upon the advice which he gave, and imputing to him advice which he did not give.
- There is more to be said for the political argument which induced Adam Smith to favour navigation laws, giving a preference to national shipping in national waters, and for a similar political argument in favour of dude:, on agricultural produce imported into the country, on the ground, as regards navigation, that the prosperity of the shipping industry in particular was essential to the safety of the country, and on the ground, as regards duties on agricultural produce, that the maintenance of a larger rural population and of a larger agricultural production than would exist under natural conditions of perfect free trade was essential to the wel:Fare of the state and even to its very existence in the possible event of a temporary defeat at sea and a partial blockade of the coasts.
- In his rhymed chronicle Robert of Gloucester tells how "A bourgois at Bristowe - Robert Harding Vor gret tresour and richesse - so wel was mid the king That he gat him and is eirs - the noble baronie That so riche is of Berkele - mid al the seignorie."
- Anon so Elisabet of childbed aros Marie Ã¾at maiden milde 280 0 Went hir hom wel stilleliche, sche Šede gret wiÃ¾ childe.Advertisement
- At he same time he brought forward another determination bas Ã‚° d on the heating effects observable when water is forced through capillary tubes; the number obtained in this way was 77 o A third method, depending on the observation of the heat evo ved by the mechanical compression of air, was employed a yea or two later, and yielded the number 798; and a fourth - the wel -known frictional one of stirring water with a sort of paddlewh:el - yielded the result 890 (see Brit.