Weisbach sentence example
- Julius Weisbach (1806-1871) also made many experimental investigations on the discharge of fluids.
- The theory of the scale-beam is stated by Weisbach in his Mechanics of Machinery and Engineering, as follows - In fig I D is the fulcrum of the balance, S the centre of gravity of the beam alone without the scales, chains or weights; A and B the points of suspension of the chains.
- Weisbach also shows that if Gy 2 is the moment of inertia of the beam, the time, t, of a vibration of the balance is 2 (P+Q) (I' a 2) G y2 t = r gt2 (P+Q) a+Gs) This shows that the time of a vibration increases as P, Q and / increase, and as a and s diminish.
- Julius Weisbach, Mechanics of Machinery and Engineering (London, 1848); Ernest Brauer, Die Konstruktion der Waage (Weimar, 1887); H.Advertisement
- Weisbach and G.
- Weisbach (Berlin, 1884); and the map Zemljovid Hrvatske i Slavonije, by M.