Weh sentence example
- for "Yah[weh] is [my] strength"), more correctly Azariah (Hebrew for "Yah[weh] helps"), son of Amaziah, grandson of Joash I., and king of Judah (2 Kings xiv.
- "Yah[weh] raiseth up"), in the Bible, son of Josiah and king of Judah (2 Kings xxiii.
- for "Yah[weh] comforts"), governor of Judaea under Artaxerxes (apparently A.
- The child of the illegitmate union died; the second was called Jedidiah ("beloved of Yah [weh]") or Shelomoh (the idea of requital or recompense may be implied); according to 1 Chron.
- ELIJAH (a Hebrew name meaning "Yah[weh] is God"), in the Bible, the greatest and sternest of the Hebrew prophets, makes his appearance in the narrative of the Old Testament with an abruptness not out of keeping with his character and work (1 Kings xvii.Advertisement
- ZEDEKIAH (Hebrew for "righteousness of Yah[weh]"), son of Josiah, and the last king of Judah (2 Kings xxiv.
- "Yah[weh] establisheth"), in the Bible, son of Jehoiakim and king of Judah (2 Kings xxiv.
- The name (Yah[weh] " hides" or " treasures "; there is a similar Phoenician compound of Baal) is borne by various individuals, in Jer.
- The name may mean "Yah(weh) is wealth, or is (our) war-cry, or saves."