Wegscheider sentence example
- Wegscheider (1771-1849), professor at Halle.
- In 1827, after declining an invitation to take Eichhorn's place at GÃ¶ttingen, Gesenius was made a Consistorialrath; but, apart from the violent attacks to which he, along with his friend and colleague Julius Wegscheider, was in 1830 subjected by E.
- JULIUS AUGUST LUDWIG WEGSCHEIDER (1771-1849), German theologian, was born at ktibelingen, Brunswick, on the 17th of September 1771, studied theology at Helmstedt, was tutor in a Hamburg family 1795-1805, Repetent at Gottingen, professor of theology at Rinteln in Hesse (1806-1815), and at Halle from 1815.
- His chief works were Uber die von der neuesten Philosophie geforderte Trennung der Moral von der Religion (1804); Einleitung in das Evangelium Johannis (1806); and Institutiones theologicae dogmaticae (1815), to which W Steiger's Kritik des Rationalismus in Wegscheider' s Dogmatik (1830) was a reply.
- Rohr and Julius Wegscheider on the one hand, and D.Advertisement
- Among its exponents were Wegscheider, Bretschneider and H.
- Bretschneider and Julius Wegscheider, to keep in close touch with the historical theology of the Protestant churches.
- Wegscheider with infidelity and profanity, and on the ground of these accusations advocated the interposition of the civil power, thus giving rise to the prolonged Hallische Streit.
- Julius August Ludwig Wegscheider >>
- In 1827, after declining an invitation to take Eichhorn's place at GÃƒ¶ttingen, Gesenius was made a Consistorialrath; but, apart from the violent attacks to which he, along with his friend and colleague Julius Wegscheider, was in 1830 subjected by E.Advertisement
- When Wegscheider and Gesenius were denounced by Hengstenberg as rationalists, he pleaded for freedom in theological teaching (cf.