Weehawken sentence example
- Smarting under defeat and angered by Hamilton's criticisms, Burr sent the challenge which resulted in the famous duel at Weehawken, N.J., on the 11th of July 1804, and the death of Hamilton on the following day.
- Apart from this, and other actions referred to, two incidents of the coast war call for notice - the career of the "Albemarle" and the duel between the "Atlanta" and the "Weehawken."
- On the 17th of June 1863 after a brief action the monitor "Weehawken" captured the Confederate ironclad "Atlanta" in Wassaw Sound, South Carolina.
- Captain John Rodgers, like Broke, was one of the best officers, and the "Weehawken," like the "Shannon," was known as one of the smartest ships in the service.
- WEEHAWKEN, a township of Hudson (disambiguation)|Hudson county, New Jersey, U.S.A., in the N.E.Advertisement
- Originally a part of Hoboken and North Bergen, the township of Weehawken was separately incorporated in 1859.
- as Weehawken, their height gradually decreasing southward.
- of Weehawken it has no scenic attractiveness.
- The eastern terminals of the southern and western lines running from New York City are situated on the western shore of the Hudson river, in Weehawken, Hoboken or Jersey City; whence passengers and freight are carried by ferry to New York.
- 1; the New York, Ontario & Western (controlled by the New York, New Haven & Hartford), from Weehawken to Oswego; the West Shore (leased by the New York Central), from Weehawken to Buffalo; and the Central railway of New Jersey (controlled by the Philadelphia & Reading), with numerous short lines from Jersey City to the S.Advertisement
- The duel was fought at Weehawken on the Jersey shore of the Hudson opposite the City of New York.
- The accident occurred in the mid-afternoon of September 21, 2007 when Clooney's Harley Davidson motorcycle and a Mazda Millenia collided in Weehawken, New Jersey.
- The driver of the automobile, Weehawken resident Albert Sciancaledore, was not injured.