Wechsler sentence example
- Such tests include the Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scale, the Wechsler Intelligence Scales, the Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence, and the Kaufmann Assessment Battery for Children.
- The Wechsler intelligence scales are divided into two sections: verbal and nonverbal, with separate scores for each.
- The inclusion of the performance section in the Wechsler scales is especially helpful in assessing the cognitive ability of children with speech and language disorders or whose first language is not English.
- Wechsler intelligence scales-A test that measures verbal and non-verbal intelligence.
- Common achievement and ability tests include the Wechsler intelligence scale for children (WISC-III) and the Stanford-Binet intelligence scales.Advertisement
- Commonly used tests include the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC-III), the Woodcock-Johnson Psychoeducational Battery, the Peabody Individual Achievement Test-Revised (PIAT-R) and the California Verbal Learning Test (CVLT).
- The Wechsler intelligence tests are a widely used series of intelligence tests developed by clinical psychologist David Wechsler.
- The most distinctive feature of the Wechsler tests is their division into a verbal section and a nonverbal (or performance) section, with separate scores available for each subsection.
- All of the Wechsler scales are divided into six verbal and five performance subtests.
- The inclusion of the performance section in the Wechsler scales is especially helpful in assessing the cognitive ability of non-native speakers and children with speech and language disorders.Advertisement
- The Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC) is designed for children and adolescents ages six to 16.
- For all of the Wechsler scales (which also include the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale, or WAIS), separate verbal and performance scores, as well as a total score, are computed.
- The Wechsler Intelligence Scales are standardized tests, meaning that as part of the test design, they were administered to a large representative sample of the target population, and norms were determined from the results.
- The only known risk of the Wechsler intelligence tests is that the results are misused or are given undue weight.