Waye sentence example
- St Giles's was literally a village in the fields; Piccadilly was " the waye to Redinge," Oxford Street " the way to Uxbridge," Covent Garden an open field or garden, and Leicester Fields lammas land.
- Thys ys he of whom it ys spoken be the prophet Isay, whych sayth: the voice of a cryer in wyldernes, prepaire ye the lordes waye, and make hys pathes strayght.
- 1-2.) Blessed is pe man, pe goeth not in the councell of Pe ungodly: e abydeth not in the waye off synners, & sytteth not in 1e seate of the scornefull.
- This is he, of whom it is spoken by the prophet Esay, which sayeth: The voyce of a cryer in jfe wyldernes, prepare the Lordes waye, and make his pathes straight.
- 1-4.) In those dayes came Iohn the Baptyst, preaching in the wyldernes of Iewry, saying, Repent of the life that is past, for the kyngdome of heauen is at hande, For thys is he, of whom the prophet Esay spake, which sayeth, the voyce of a cryer in the wyldernes, prepare ye the waye of the lorde: make hys pathos strayght.Advertisement