Waycross sentence example
- In 1900 the other cities in the state with a population of more than 5000 were: Macon (23,272), Columbus (17,614), Athens (10,245), Brunswick (9081), Americus (7674), Rome (7291), Griffin (6857), Waycross (5919), Valdosta (56,3), and Thomasville (5322).
- WAYCROSS, a city and the county-seat of Ware county, Georgia, U.S.A., about 96 m.
- Waycross is served by the Atlanta, Birmingham & Atlantic, and the Atlantic Coast Line railways, several branches of the latter intersecting here.
- Before the passage of the state prohibition law Waycross secured virtual prohibition of the sale of intoxicating liquors by requiring a large liquor license fee ($20,000 in 1883, increased to $30,000 in 1892).
- Waycross was settled in 1870, was first in - corporated in 1874 and became a city in 1909.Advertisement