Waveney sentence example
- It lies on either side of the formerly natural, now artificial outlet of the river Waveney to the North Sea, while to the west the river forms Oulton Broad and Lothing Lake.
- South Lowestoft arose on the completion of harbour improvements, begun in 1844, when the outlet of the Waveney, reopened in 1827, was deepened.
- BECCLES, a market town and municipal borough, in the Lowestoft parliamentary division of Suffolk, England; on the right bank of the river Waveney, 109 m.
- well-wooded site overlooking the flat lands bordering the Waveney.
- DISS, a market town in the southern parliamentary division of Norfolk, England; near the river Waveney (the boundary with Suffolk), 95 m.Advertisement
- The town lies pleasantly upon a hill rising above a mere, which drains to the Waveney, having its banks laid out as public gardens.
- Of river names the Blackwater, Witham, Ashburne, Swift, Washburn, Loxly, Wythburn, Eamont are perhaps English and so also may be the Waveney in Suffolk.
- The River Waveney is renowned for silver eel which can be trapped at this point.
- nestling on the banks of the beautiful River Waveney.
- raft spider All the water in the fen gradually flows into the river Waveney.Advertisement
- More about the fen raft spider All the water in the fen gradually flows into the river Waveney.
- The Waveney House Hotel closed in 2001 and has since undergone extensive external and internal refurbishment.
- Waveney Close at Wells - patch existing footway surface, replace damaged kerbs and slurry seal.