Waterparting sentence example
- Shelving gradually upward from the low flats of Siberia the general continental level rises to a great central waterparting, or divide, which stretches from the Black Sea through the Elburz and the Hindu Kush to the Tian-shan mountains in the Pamir region, and hence to Bering Strait on the extreme north-east.
- Mount Hamilton, which lies north of the waterparting, is over 9000 ft.
- From that point the boundary coincides with the main waterparting of the Altai Mountains till it reaches Mount Kalas.
- long., from the German frontier on the south, across Albert Edward Nyanza and the Semliki River to the line of waterparting between the systems of the Congo and the Nile (in the country of Mboga); thence northwards this western boundary descended to the north coast of Albert Nyanza at Mahagi, and then followed the main stream of the Nile to about 5° N.
- West of the James River Valley lies an elevated table-land, known as the Coteau du Missouri, which marks the waterparting between the James and the Missouri rivers, and has a general elevation of about 1800 ft.Advertisement
- There is but one insignificant waterparting - or kotal - a little to the north of Ghazni; and the road, although unmade, may be considered equal to any road of its length in Europe for military purposes.
- At the head of Lynn Canal, the only place on the whole extent of the south-eastern Alaskan coast where a clear-cut waterparting is exhibited between the sea-board and interior drainage, the summits of the highest peaks in the Coast Range are 8000 to 9000 ft.
- above sea-level - the Magdalena in the Laguna del Buey (Ox Lake) on the Las Papas plateau, and the Cauca a short distance westward in the Laguna de Santiago on the Paramo de Guanacas - and flow northward in parallel courses with the great Central Cordillera, forming the waterparting between their drainage basins.
- But in smaller areas, which on the average are necessarily nearer to the waterparting, the limits are much wider.
- the plateau or highland region which forms the waterparting between the Tarim basin on the east and the Syr-darya catchment area on the west.Advertisement
- It is now applied in a restricted sense to the waterparting between Herat and the Russian frontier on the Kushk river, which possesses no local name of its own.
- Tronador, and thence in a very tortuous course along local water-partings and across the Chilean rivers Manso, Puelo, Fetaleufu, Palena, Pico and Aisen, and the lakes Buenos Aires, Pueyrredon and San Martin, to avoid the inclusion of Argentine settlements within Chilean territory, to the Cerro Fitzroy and continental waterparting north-west of Lake Viedma, between 49Ã‚° and 50Ã‚° S.
- long., from the German frontier on the south, across Albert Edward Nyanza and the Semliki River to the line of waterparting between the systems of the Congo and the Nile (in the country of Mboga); thence northwards this western boundary descended to the north coast of Albert Nyanza at Mahagi, and then followed the main stream of the Nile to about 5Ã‚° N.