Wateringplaces sentence example
- Marienbad is among the youngest of the Bohemian wateringplaces, although its springs were known from of old.
- Gentz, who from the winter of 1806 onwards divided his time between Prague and the Bohemian wateringplaces, seemed to devote himself wholly to the pleasures of society, his fascinating personality gaining him a ready reception in those exalted circles which were to prove of use to him later on in Vienna.
- It is one of the most beautiful wateringplaces in America, and is the favourite summer residence of many of the foreign diplomats at Washington.
- In visiting the most famous wateringplaces, it is curious to note how one finds, in the various waters, here some chloride, there some sulphate, here some potash, there some magnesium, but in all of them we find water.
- Douglas was not conspicuous as an ecclesiastical administrator, preferring to his livings the delights of London in winter and the fashionable wateringplaces in summer.Advertisement