Waterberg sentence example
- They are the Waterberg, and, more to the east, separated from the Waterberg by the valley of the Magalakwane tributary of the Limpopo, the Zoutpansberg.
- The low land between the high veld and the Waterberg and Zoutpansberg is traversed by the Olifants River, an east flowing tributary of the Limpopo.
- The following groups are recognized: Waterberg Series, Pretoria Series, Dolomite Series, Black Reef Series.
- The Waterberg Series lies unconformably on the Pretoria series.
- They occur to the northeast of Pretoria and occupy still wide areas in the Waterberg district.Advertisement
- One is a red granite intruded subsequently to the Waterberg sandstones; another is a grey variety considered to be older than the Black Reef series and possibly older than the Witwatersrand series.
- districts of Lydenburg and Waterberg, i.e.
- Altogether the Transvaal Kaffirs form 50% of the inhabitants of Waterberg district, 30% of Zoutpansberg district and 18% of Middelburg district.
- m.; Waterberg, 15,503 sq.
- Goldfields also exist in the Waterberg and on the western frontier in the Marico district (the Malmani fields).Advertisement
- The fields in the Waterberg and along the Malmani river are very small producers.
- Oranges are cultivated chiefly in the Rustenburg, Waterberg, Zoutpansberg and Pretoria districts, grapes in Potchefstroom, Pretoria and Marico, as well as in the Zoutpansberg and Waterberg, to which northern regions the cultivation of the banana is confined.
- The remnants of the Bavenda retreated north to the Waterberg and Zoutpansberg, while Mosilikatze made his chief kraal at Mosega, not far from the site of the town of Zeerust.
- A sandstone found in the neighbourhood of Palapye is considered to be the equivalent of the Waterberg formation of the Transvaal.