Water-beetle sentence example
- Larva of Dyticus Cybister sp. (Water-Beetle).
- 1, Lucanus cervus) and the great water-beetle (Hydrophilus piceus, fig.
- Kowalevsky or a bug is invaginated into the yolk at the head end, the portion of (1871 and 1887) on the embryology of the water-beetle Hydrophilus the blastoderm necessarily pushed in with it forming the amnion.
- (The feelers and legs are cut short.) years; (2) certain stages of the life that are naturally " resting stages " may be in exceptional cases prolonged, and that to a very great extent; in this case no food is taken, and the activity of the individual is almost nil; (3) the life of certain insects in the adult state may be much prolonged if celibacy be maintained; a female of Cybister roeselii (a large water-beetle) has lived five and a half years in the adult state in captivity.
- A cluster of temporary ponds has already yielded a record of a nationally rare water beetle.Advertisement