Watase sentence example
- The struc ture of the lateral eye of Limulus was first described by Grenacher, and further and more accurately by Lankester and Bourne (5) and by Watase; that of Scorpio by Lan kester and Bourne, FIG.
- Watase has shown, in a very convincing way, how by deepening the pit-like set of cells beneath a simple lens the more complex ommatidia of the compound eyes of Crustacea and Hexapoda may be derived from such a condition as that presented in the lateral eyes of Limulus and Scorpio.
- Watase, " On the Morphology of the Compound Eyes of Arthropods," Studies from the Biolog.
- (Modified from Watase.) patus and the Diplopods they consist of bunches of fine tubes which do not branch but diverge from one another; the chitinous lining is smooth.
- Watase, " On the Morphology of the Compound Eyes of Arthropods," Studies from the Biol.Advertisement
- They are the crystalline cells or vitrella (see Watase, '7).