Wasmann sentence example
- Wasmann, who has compiled a list of nearly 1 50o species of insects, arachnids and crustaceans, inhabiting ants' nests.
- Wasmann considers that ants are neither miniature human beings nor mere reflex automata, and most students of their habits will probably accept this intermediate position as the most satisfactory.
- Wasmann (Kritisches Verzeichniss der myrmecophilen and termitophilen Arthropoden, Berlin, 1894, and 3,rze Congres Intern.
- (1898); Wasmann, Die psychischen Fahigkeiten der Ameisen (Stuttgart, 1899); C. Ll.
- Wasmann, for example, divides instinctive actions under two groups: (I) those which immediately spring from the inherited dispositions; (2) those which indeed proceed from the same inherited dispositions but through the medium of sense experience.Advertisement
- By using the term instinctive in both its strict and its wider significance, Wasmann includes under it the whole range of animal behaviour.
- Wasmann's comprehensive definition so far accords with popular usage.
- Wasmann, Zur Entwickelung der Instincte (1897), Instinct and Intelligenz im Tierreich (1899, Eng.