Warwicks sentence example
- His force consisted of Gatacres British brigade (1st Warwicks, Lincoins, Seaforths and Camerons) and Hunters Egyptian division (3 brigades under Colonels Maxwell, MacDonald and Lewis respectively), Broadwoods cavalry, Tudways camel corps and Longs artillery.
- Wauchope (1st Warwicks, Lincolns, Seaforths and Camerons), and 2nd Brigade, commanded by Colonel the Hon.
- The Yorkist army that marched in pursuit of the raiders, and won the ~ bloody field of Towton under Warwicks guidance, gave no quarter.
- Unhappily for England and for himself, Warwicks loyalty was not sufficient to restrain his ambition and his resentment.
- ing the queens father, Lord Rivers, and her brother, John Woodville, as well as the newly-created earls of Pembroke and Devon, were put to death with Warwicks cOnnivance, if not by his direct orders.Advertisement
- Warwicks name was still a power in the land, and his expulsion had been so sudden that he had not been given an Warwick opportunity of trying his strength.
- He then moved to London, and which was being threatened by Kentish levies raised in Warwicks name, delivered the city, and next day caused the unhappy Henry VI.
- The liberal measures of the protector were repealed, and new treasons were enacted; Somerset himself, who had been released and restored to the council in 1550, became an obstacle in Warwicks path, and was removed by means of a bogus plot, being executed in January 1552; while Warwick had himself made duke of Northumberland, his friend Dorset duke of Suffolk, and Herbert earl of Pembroke.
- waxwork displays of Madame Tussauds, where you can watch, and hear, the Earl of Warwicks preparations for battle.
- Visit the waxwork displays of Madame Tussauds, where you can watch, and hear, the Earl of Warwicks preparations for battle.Advertisement