Warkworth sentence example
- Warkworth >>
- von Oppenheim, Vom Mittelmeer zum persischen Golfe, &c. (2 vols., Berlin, 18 991900); Lord Warkworth, Notes from a Diary in Asiatic Turkey (London, 1898); Mark Sykes, Dar-el-Islam (London, 1903); D.
- Thus it came about that he was brought up as a Roman Catholic, chiefly at the scat of Mr Holman at Warkworth, Northamptonshire, where the Rev. John Gother, a celebrated controversialist, officiated as chaplain.
- See Thomas Rymer, Foedera, eec. (London, 1704); John Warkworth, Chronicle of the first Thirteen Years of the Reign of Edward IV., ed.
- BIBLIOGRAPHY.-Of original authorities for Edward's reign the chief are the Continuation of the Croyland Chronicle in Fu/man's Scriptores; the various London Chronicles, especially for the early years Gregory's Chronicle; Warkworth's Chronicle, and the Arrivall of King Edward IV.Advertisement
- Hogarth, Wandering Scholar (1896); Lord Warkworth, Notes of a Diary, &c. (1898); E.
- Some English strongholds, such as Alnwick, Chillingham, Ford and Naworth, have been modernized; others, like Norham, Wark and Warkworth, are picturesque ruins; but most of the Scottish fortresses have been demolished and their sites built over, or are now represented by grass-grown mounds.