Wargla sentence example
- In the Sahara are Biskra (4218), El Wad (7586), Tuggurt (2073) and Wargla (3579).
- of Wargla, is Ghardaia (pop. 7868), the capital of the Mzab country, annexed by France in 1882.
- Randon (1795-1871), named governorgeneral of Algeria after the coup d'etat, had at first to repress in the south a rising of a new " master of the hour," Mahomet ben Abdallah, the sherif of Wargla.
- The Ibadites, after being expelled from the Tell, took refuge in Wargla.
- WARGLA, a town in the Algerian Sahara, 175 m.Advertisement
- Wargla lies in an oasis containing many palm trees.
- Wargla was first occupied for the French in 1853 by native allies, but it was not until 1872 that the authority of France was definitely established.
- The oasis in which Wargla is situated contains two or three other small fortified ksurs or villages, the largest and most picturesque being Ruissat.
- Si-Hamza, leader of the Walidsidi-Sheikh, an ally of France, indignant at the growing influence of a base-born agitator, pursued him and seized Wargla (1853).