War between the states sentence example
war between the states
- From 1871 to 1873 he edited the Atlanta Daily Sun, and he published A Constitutional View of the Late War between the States (2 vols., 1868-1870), perhaps the best statement of the southern position with reference to state sovereignty and secession; The Reviewers Reviewed (1872), a supplement to the preceding work; and A Compendium of the History of the United States (1875; new ed., 1883).
- The word " neutral " does not correctly describe the character of the zone: It is not neutral in the sense of being recognized as such by any third state, and it necessarily ceases to be neutral in case of war between the states concerned.
- Stephens, Constitutional View of the War between the States (Philadelphia, 1868-1870); J.
- Stephens, Constitutional View of the War Between the States (Philadelphia, 1868-1870); and A.
- Set against the background of the Civil War, the novel features fictional characters dealing with the trials of living through the War Between the States.Advertisement