Wapping sentence example
- darlings of Wapping Wharf magazine.
- hostelryg further east to Wapping Wall we come to the third of the trio of historic Wapping hostelries, the Prospect of Whitby.
- We found the name ' Wapping ' by the pond rather strange.
- For some weeks he was concealed in the city and in Wapping; but, finding the schemes for a rising hang fire, he went to Harwich, disguised as a Presbyterian minister, and after a week's delay, during which he was in imminent risk of discovery, if indeed, as is probable, his escape was not winked at by the government, he sailed to Holland on the 28th of November 1682, and reached Amsterdam in the beginning of December.
- Evidence was given by an informer that, while at Shaftesbury's hiding-place in Wapping, Russell had joined in the proposal to seize the king's guard, a charge indignantly denied by him in his farewell paper, and that he was one of a committee of six appointed to prepare the scheme for an insurrection.Advertisement
- In 1698 he obtained admission as a member of the Baptist Church, and used to preach at Wapping; but in 1701, as the result of a financial scandal, he was formally expelled from the sect.
- In the north Stepney includes the districts of Spitalfields, Whitechapel and Mile End; and in the south Wapping, Shadwell, Ratcliff and Limehouse.
- Two of the class were modified with rectangular saddle tanks and condensing apparatus for use in Wapping tunnel, Liverpool.
- Wapping, however, exudes an old Elizabethan charm; with its cobbled streets and listed buildings.