Wantage sentence example
- In the broad market-place is a great statue of King Alfred, executed by Count Gleichen and unveiled in 1877; for Wantage is famous as the birthplace of the king in 849.
- The English: took possession in 1664, and in 1669 Wiltwyck was named Kingston, after Kingston Lisle, near Wantage, England, the family seat of Governor Francis Lovelace.
- The boy was placed under the care of the Rev. Philip Barton, master of the grammar school at Wantage, and remained there for some years.
- Four sisterhoods stand together as the largest: those of Clewer, Wantage, All Saints and East Grinstead; and the work of the first may stand as a specimen of that of others.
- Lib Dem majority: 538 Ed Vaizey (Wantage) - former lobbyist who currently acts as chief speechwriter for Michael Howard.Advertisement
- Lib Dem majority: 538 Ed Vaizey (Wantage) - Former lobbyist who currently acts as chief speechwriter for Michael Howard.
- He sailed for Ireland, here he became a country squire on his Wantage estate.